[11. Dec 2007]
[3. Dec 2007]:
- Hotfix #1 for Ayam 1.13 has been released. Get it from the
[6. Nov 2007]:
- The X3D import/export plugin has been enhanced to fully support the
parametric NURBS elements NurbsSweptSurface and NurbsSwungSurface on the
X3D side and Sweep, Swing, Revolve, and Extrude (with holes, caps, and
bevels) on the Ayam side.
[29. Oct 2007]
- New in the CVS-Head is now a new object
type OffsetNC that creates
offset curves from
planar NURBS curves using a simple algorithm (also in use for bevel creation).
[18. Oct 2007]
- Official Linux executables of Ayam 1.13 are available now for
[11. Oct 2007]
- The list of frequently asked questions (FAQ)
has been updated.
- Note to developers:
Unfortunately, Aqsis 1.2 libslxargs is incompatible again with
Ayam 1.13 (and below). Use Aqsis 1.0.1 libslxargs, it can parse 1.2
compiled shaders. (CVS-Head is, of course, already fixed.)
[7. Oct 2007]
- The online documentation (particularly
the import/export plugin section) has been improved quite a bit and put
online in a new version.
[21. Sep 2007]
[22. Aug 2007]
- News from CVS: there is now a new object type Swing for
[17. Aug 2007]
- Hotfix #4 for Ayam 1.12 has been released. Get it from the
[27. Jul 2007]
- This new screenshot demonstrates recent advances for Gordon surfaces.
In a four curve configuration (Coons patch) now also rational curves
are properly supported:
- To find out what also happened in CVS, please refer to
the list of changes.
[20. Jul 2007]
- DXF export is complete, albeit it only creates POLYLINE (polyfacemesh)
and SPLINE entities.
[15. Jun 2007]
- The X3D import plugin in CVS is now mature, allowing import
of the following node types: Box, Sphere, Cylinder, Cone, ElevationGrid,
IndexedFaceSet, IndexedTriangleSet, IndexedTriangleStripSet,
IndexedTriangleFanSet, TriangleSet, TriangleStripSet, TriangleFanSet,
IndexedLineSet, LineSet, Arc2D, ArcClosed2D, Circle2D, Disk2D, Polyline2D,
NurbsCurve, NurbsCurve2D, NurbsPatchsurface, TrimmedNurbsPatchsurface,
Contour2D, ContourPolyline2D, DirectionalLight, PointLight, SpotLight,
Viewpoint, Transformation, Shape, Group, and Inline.
The X3D export functionality is almost complete.
- Work on DXF export has begun.
[24. Apr 2007]
- The Ohloh metrics of
Ayam are finally correct. The Ayam home page now proudly presents the
- New in CVS is a X3D import/export plugin.
[6. Mar 2007]
- The DXFIO (AutoCAD DXF import) plugin for Ayam 1.12 has been released
in a first version for testing. Get it from the
[1. Mar 2007]
- New in CVS are now cap surfaces from non-planar curves, see
[25. Feb 2007]
[22. Feb 2007]
- Hotfix #3 for Ayam 1.12 has been released. Get it from the
[3. Feb 2007]
- The aysdr and ayslx shader parsing plugins distributed with Ayam 1.12
have been successfully tested with the latest binary release versions of
Pixie (2.0.2) and Aqsis (1.2.0), respectively.
[17. Jan 2007]
- Hotfix #2 for Ayam 1.12 has been released. Get it from the
[1. Jan 2007]
- Hotfix #1 for Ayam 1.12 has been released. Get it from the
Read the old news from:
top of page
Randolf Schultz, 24. Feb 2010