[14. Dec 2001]:
[13. Dec 2001]:
- The next Ayam release (V1.1) is getting close. However, I plan to wait for
the next BMRT (promised to be released until the end of this year).
- I made a job posting on SourceForge regarding icons today, please see
job database on SourceForge for a more detailed description.
[2. Nov 2001]:
[29. Oct 2001]:
- I found out what makes Ayam draw an incomplete grid in perspective
views on Win32. It is the faulty Microsoft "compiler" (it does not deserve
to be called a compiler, IMHO), that "optimizes"
a for loop running from -25 to 25 to run from 0 to 25.
I can make this work by turning off optimization. The "fun" is, if I do this,
Sweeps stop to work too. You can either have grids or Sweeps, and toggle
proper work of these features using the optimization switch of the
compiler. Do that with gcc!
And again I have wasted hours of valuable time.
I do hope the Win32 users of you appreciate what I am doing just for you.
Anyway, I am really pissed off today.
[11. Oct 2001]:
- First successful experiments with a new renderer
see a screenshot (GIF, 91K).
- The file Changes.txt now contains the
user visible changes of the latest version of Ayam in the CVS
repository on SourceForge.
[9. Oct 2001]:
- Updated the
Tutorial#1 to reflect some changes
in the 1.0b4 release of Ayam.
[8. Oct 2001]:
- The 1.0b4 release of Ayam has been uploaded to the
file/release area on the
SourceForge project page.
Download links are functional now.
[2. Oct 2001]:
- A new image is in the gallery.
- Due to continuing problems with the WWW-server at the department,
the Ayam homepage is slowly migrating to
links are not functional, though. I will point them to the file release
[26. Jul 2001]:
- A new beta release (1.0b4) of Ayam is now available for
download. Unfortunately, the Metaballs
custom object currently in development did not make it into the distribution.
[19. Jun 2001]:
[12. Jun 2001]:
- The third beta release of Ayam is now available for
[5. Jun 2001]:
[31. May 2001]:
- Fixed some bad memory leaks and a bug in the RIB exporter
of the Box object. Get new versions from the
- First public release of Ayam (V1.0Beta).
Read the old news from:
top of page
Randolf Schultz, 3. Feb 2008