[12. Dec 2008]
[4. Dec 2008]
- Recent advances in the CVS-Head allow now a
flawless export of the Marsrakete scene:
and even allow the X3D file to be re-imported to Ayam:
[27. Nov 2008]
- A bugfix release (Ayam 1.15.1) is available for download,
get it now.
[23. Nov 2008]
[12. Nov 2008]
[4. Nov 2008]
- The Win32 release executables have been updated for working import/export
plugin support please redownload.
[27. Oct 2008]
- Closed approximating curves now available for testing in the
[20. Aug 2008]
- The approximating curves, finally, work ok now:
[24. Jul 2008]
- Recent advances in the CVS-Head include
individual parameter sets for Script objects, that lead to the
following screwy experiments:
- Image 1:
The well known spiral Script object example with self defined parameter GUI
was enhanced (a one line change), so that all parameters are now individual,
then it was copied and the Radius parameters adapted. The two objects were
simply put into a Skin tool object, and voila: a screw surface results.
Needless to say, that one may now still change parameters of the screw
surface easily by adapting parameters of the spiral Script objects with
few mouse clicks. Get the scene file for
your own experiments.
- Image 2:
The spiral Script object defining the outer border of the screw surface was
changed (again a one liner) for a sinusoidal offset in z direction resulting
in a more interesting surface. Get the
scene file for your own experiments.
- Image 3:
The spiral Script object was copied a second time and the radius was
adjusted again, furthermore a negative offset in z direction was added.
Get the scene file for your own experiments.
[9. May 2008]
[18. Apr 2008]
- Hotfix #1 for Ayam 1.14 has been released. Get it from the
[10. Apr 2008]
- The documentation has been improved
a bit and put online in a new version.
- The CVS-Head has now two scripts that switch
Ayam to use the Gnome (zenity) or KDE (kdialog) file requesters instead
of the native Tk ones. Furthermore, there is now a drag-and-drop plugin
(aydnd.tcl) available that, with the help of tkdnd, allows to drag Ayam
scene files (and other supported 3D scene files) onto the application
window to load them. Tkdnd currently works for X11 (XDND: KDE, Gnome) and
[4. Apr 2008]
[17. Mar 2008]
- The Win32 release executables of Ayam 1.14 have been updated
(for finally working custom object support). Due to the necessary
changes, Ayam and all plugins now use a shared runtime library
(msvcr80.dll), which is also distributed.
- The Mac OS X Aqua DMG distribution has been updated for improved
- Get the new versions from the download page.
[18. Feb 2008]
- The Ayam home page is now mirrored on
and the contact e-mail address of the project has been changed to
. Big thanks to the marsrakete.de team for hosting the mirror.
- All messages sent to the old address starting from last Monday
(10. Mar 2008) are lost.
[3. Feb 2008]
single window GUI mode
has been enhanced quite a bit to accommodate a third view window.
The internal layout is saved properly between sessions and the
toolbox layout mechanism has been enhanced for text-only buttons
created by scripts.
[17. Jan 2008]
- Latest news from the CVS-Head:
Ayam may now be configured to use just one toplevel
window. See these screenshots for the
single window Aqua and
single window X11 variant.
Yes, there is space for a third internal view. Yes, you can still
have more, floating views in extra toplevel windows.
- The ayslc BMRT shader parsing plugin has been recompiled to be used on
recent Linux distributions, get it from the
Read the old news from:
top of page
Randolf Schultz, 24. Feb 2010